Position/Career Target: List your top three job title choices in order of preference.
Context / Challenge / Action / Results Statements (CCAR)
This exercise will help you identify your accomplishments to be included in your resume.
Think about this… What are your most notable past accomplishments that would lead us to believe you can deliver significant results for your next employer/company? Employers generally formulate interview questions around the skills they are seeking in a candidate. These skills can be:
- Job-Specific: Technical skills that are gained through education, training, and/or hands-on experience.
- Transferable: Skills such as problem-solving, organization, or leadership – that are inherent to you, not specific to any one job.
- Interpersonal / Soft Skills: Skills such as communication and collaboration.
While completing the following sections:
Remember to refer back to your old performance appraisals to jog your memory about the results you achieved or impacts you made during your career.
- Think about what you did in current and past jobs.
- Think about projects you completed or participated in at school as a student or team member.
- What problems did you solve?
- What solutions did you come up with?
- What benefits did your ideas and solutions have for the business, customers, or other employees?
- Ask yourself: "How is this company better off now than when they hired me?” Did you increase sales? Improve production or processes? If so, by what percentage or amount?
- Quantify as much as possible as you walk through this critical exercise.
Exercise: Identify and provide up to 5 skills that are required for the position(s) you are seeking, and how you applied those skills to make an impact in your current or prior roles. These skills may be identified in the job posting or by reviewing similar job descriptions online, on O*NET — http://www.onetonline.org/, or the Occupational Outlook Handbook — http://www.bls.gov/ooh/.
Provide relevant and detailed responses to the questions for each job you’ve held in the last 10-15 years.
Lastly, provide 2-3 job postings for the type of positions you’re interested in pursuing